Friday, July 30, 2010

No, really-- we're still alive!

We're still around!  I just finished Trip #7 (Minneapolis) since Memorial Day.  All the traveling has been draining.  On the upside, it's kind of fun to have home be something novel-- can I tell you how fun it is to get to cook dinner and bake bread?  It's the first time in my life that I've actually been happy to see dirty dishes.

I have one last trip planned for this summer (and a fun one at that), and then things should go back to normal.  I have a bunch of little Alice stories and pictures to share, and am hoping to get them all posted in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I just got an e-mail from Noah's Arks Rescue in Okatie, SC.  I've mentioned them a few times before-- the group takes in some seriously horrendous abuse cases, gets them well, and finds them forever homes.  They're doing something truly fantastic.  Today's e-mail was about a sweet pug named Yoshi.  She's just adorable.  Her back legs aren't working, and they're funding her treatment to get her going again and to find her a new family.  The thought of a pug not able to run around and get into trouble truly bums me out, and I wanted to share her story with everyone.  I'll be sending in a donation.

I hope all is well with all of you, and I look forward to catching up!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Hi Alice,
Human Granny loves the new page. So nice to hear from you! Love the pic of you in the water too! Seems like you are having a Barking Great time!
Take Care and so Happy you are alive! Snicker! Snicker!
Licks and Wags, Ariel <3