Monday, July 6, 2009

The Hunt.

On Saturday, the SciFi Channel had a Twilight Zone marathon. We recorded a whole bunch of them, and tonight we popped one on. It was called "The Hunt", and it told the story of a man and his dog who go out on a raccoon hunt, end up drowning, and coming back as ghosts, trying to find Heaven.

Being the quintessential 1950-60s macabre TV show, I expected something off the wall and unsettling to happen. What we found instead was the sweetest, most wonderful tale of love and loyalty to a pet.

If you haven't seen it before, I found the episode online here. Sorry I ruined it, but it's still good.

Will Rogers said it best:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."


2 comments:

Ariel said...

I have always heard that...
"All Dogs Go to Heaven".
Thanks for the post, I loved the story.
Licks, Ariel <3

Mr. Puggle® said...

btw, that is what i say to mr. puggle before we roller blade. "wanna go on a hunt?" he thinks he is tracking rabbits.