Friday, January 22, 2010

Fine. Force me to buy chocolate.

I read a great article yesterday on I Love Dogs about Rescue Chocolate, a new chocolate company out of Brooklyn whose net profits benefit animal shelter and rescue groups. The chocolate’s kosher, vegan, and they have eco-friendly packaging—so you’re not getting anything too creepy or weird in a bunch of trash that’ll last for centuries. And each of the four flavors highlights a different cause: pit bull awareness, adopting from shelters, spaying and neutering, and fostering.


I don’t even know where to start with this one. Thanks to The Curious Grape, I’ve discovered that the good, fancy stuff really does taste better (The Human Male refers to this as “Chocolate Snobbery”). So I like this dark chocolate Belgian business. And knowing that the profits go to shelter programs absolutely warms my heart. And even better, this month’s profits are going to the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) and the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) to help organize animal rescue efforts in Haiti.


I think this calls for a blog taste-test.


Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go place my order, and then put on some elastic-waisted fat pants.


3 comments:

Cynthia King said...

I am already hopelessly addicted to the "Peanut Butter Pit Bull". This is truly delicious chocolate....I have stocked up - suggest y'all do too.!

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Alice! I love the picture on your banner! My mom wants to kiss your nose but the screen keeps getting in the middle!
Hugs and Kisses
Coco
PS mom is restraining herself to go buy tons of those chocolates! She is pregnant and she is trying not to gain too much weight... but maybe she can buy it for later? As if she would not eat it right away!

Ariel said...

Human Granny says she need chocolate now...BOL! <3