Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dogs and Deer.

Typically I'm not a fan of deer. Well, it's not that I don't like deer-- all in all, they're pretty cute creatures. I'm not a big fan of deer ticks. I don't want to see one, hear one, or have one anywhere near me. They're disgusting, vile, and... uggggghhhh!


My hatred of deer ticks brings The Human Male immense amounts of joy. When we first started dating and learned about it, I occasionally got a picture sent to me. In the years since, he's learned that it's much more fun to make me watch cute deer videos online and face the inner turmoil of being ensorcled* by giant, furry deer tick transportation devices.

Case in point: Andrew Sullivan had the CUTEST video posted on his blog today of a dog and deer playing in a yard together. The Human Male showed it to me after I'd settled in on the couch with Alice, unable to get up without exciting the puggle.


Oh, my goodness! Doesn't it make you want to MELT?! Look at how fast that little deer's legs go!

Of course, this led to us finding more cute dog-deer videos. Meet Pip and Kate:


Not only is this freaking adorable, the music's good. And if you want to see the cutest baby deer pictures ever, watch this one:


It looks like the user who took the videos has several more. Honestly, I was in absolute cute overload with these alone!

I will admit, one of my first thoughts when I saw little Kate rubbing her tiny deer head all over Pip was "What about the TICKS?!" Then I decided that there's probably a breed of deer out there that's born tick-repellant, and that Kate is one of them. Right? RIGHT?!


*"Ensorcled" is probably not a real word, but it's a very contagious Human Maleism. It means basically being super-smitten with something extra cute. I dare you not to be in love with something and not think "I'm ensorcled with this".

3 comments:

Bruschi said...

OMD that is the cutest! I want a deer! I wonder if Mommy will let me bring one home? BOL! I am guarded against ticks so it should be safe right? BOL!

Hugs and Licks, Bruschi

Ps- you can never have too many puggles!

Life With Dogs said...

I love this post! Heartwarming and precious. I've seen all but one of these, but never in the same place...

Ariel said...

O how Sweet! Thanks for sharing Alice. What a precious dog. <3
Happy Easter Alice! <3