Saturday, January 31, 2009

Every Girl Loves a Valentine.

A couple of days ago, Alice got a valentine from Mamala-- otherwise known to her as the Treat Lady. One thing Mamala sent her was a Valentine's Day collar. Alice looks so freaking adorable in it, I can't stand it.


This picture was one of very few that came out nicely. For the most part, she was either scratching at it or dancing around like a little crazy circus dog, like in these:




In truth, I think those pictures were even cuter.

Also included in the box was a canister of pink tennis balls. Alice loves all tennis balls, but she goes berserk over the pink ones. I don't know why-- maybe it's because
I think they're the bomb, and she reads that I'm excited about them. Personally, I like to think it's because she's a girly dog and knows that they're just better than normal tennis balls. I pulled the canister out of the box and Alice immediately flipped out and started reaching for them. I put the canister near her and she grabbed for it. She couldn't get a grip on it, so I opened it up and gave her one. She happily accepted it and ran away, bringing it to the pile of blankets she made on the bed. She hasn't gone anywhere since Thursday without one in her mouth.


Today, the Human Male and I had to go out for a while. When we got home, we realized that we were stupid humans and hadn't taken out the trash. Alice had spread all of the garbage in it around the kitchen. I noticed a little while after we cleaned it up, I had missed an item. Alice had taken the tennis ball container back over to her crate.


Quite frequently, Alice will do something so cute that not only makes me fall in love with her all over again, but also remember that it's the simple things that make life the best. This was one of those moments.

No comments: