Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Sammy.

With all the events of last weekend, I'm behind on all of my correspondence. So I've spent the past couple of days catching up on reading e-mails. One listing that I'm on is called The GirlyGirl Army. I love them-- they've got their pulse on fun stuff like Daily Candy, but it's all far more affordable and all animal friendly-- plus more interesting.

Each week (sometimes more often) they send out a bulleted list of interesting items. I read their weekly posting yesterday, and I have to tell you all about one thing on this week's e-mail. The bullet reads as this:


A truly evil person beat this puppy so badly that both his eyes burst out. PLEASE take action for Sammy or donate a few dollars like we did here.


I can't not support a dog who needs help. So I clicked on the link and was taken to Noah's Ark Rescue in Okatie, SC. This week they received a gorgeous dog named Sammy, who had been beaten so badly that he had to have his eyes removed on Thursday. The pictures at the bottom of the page are horrendous. What the hell is wrong with the perp that could possibly allow them to think that's okay do that to an animal?!

What's equally as disturbing is that on Sammy's page log, they start by saying that "This is one of the worst abuse cases I have seen in a while." One of the worst they've seen in a while. There's not a single word in that sentence that's not incredibly disturbing. Looking through the website, it does seem like they take on some desperate cases, but the fact that they've seen similar or worse (or even less) is disgusting, to say the least. I truly hope that whoever did that has theirs coming.

I donated to the organization and figured that was it, but just a little while ago, I checked my e-mail and there was a nice letter from the rescue with a short update on his condition. I figured if they cared enough to send out a response to donors (whether it's canned or not), Sammy ended up in the right place after all. It's such an awful shame it couldn't have happened a week before.

http://www.noahs-arks.net/RESCUE/SAMMY.html

No comments: