Sunday, February 21, 2010

Slacking off.

I've definitely not been paying enough attention to Alice's blog lately. It's mainly for one reason: I've been spending time with Alice on the couch. I'm not much of a sitter, but with the snow here, it's been hard to go out and do things, especially with Alice. So we've spent a lot of time sitting on the sofa together, mainly watching the Olympics. And ohhhh, has it been fun! I'm a total sucker for the Winter Olympics, and I'm pleased to say that Alice has become a fan of them as well. Or maybe she just likes having humans to sprawl out upon. I don't know. But I'd like to think that Alice has a little crush on Shaun White.

Soon enough I'll get back to posting with some regularity, but I think I might be lazy for a bit longer. There's still about a week left of the games-- women's ice skating hasn't even started! But until then, I got something terrific tonight and I wanted to share it with everyone.

I'm on a mailing list for people who have helped to find Berdina, the pit bull who ran away last April and is still wandering around Hyattsville, Maryland. Last week one of the searchers got a call from someone who came across who came across a pit bull who was living in a tree stump in the area. She was able to pick the dog up and take her home, and now she's looking for a forever home for her. Stumpy's foster mom is also investigating some local rescue programs as well, but she sent this flyer and asked if I could share it. Look at Stumpy's gorgeous face-- how could I say no?


Stumpy also has a blog: http://stumpyneedsahome.blogspot.com/. Please stop by and say hi!

If you or someone you know has a cute, spotted pit bull-shaped hole in their lives and live in a non-BSL area (which is why Stumpy's foster mom took her home-- Hyattsville is not pit bull friendly), please feel free to contact the information on the sheet. And if the picture's not expanding, I'd be happy to send the flyer over to you, too.

Let's help find Stumpy a home!

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Thanks for sharing the info.... <3
All human Granny does is watch the Olympics. She loves it. She yells and screams 'Go USA' all the time. Have a Great one Alice and stay warm.
Licks and Wags, Ariel <3