Sunday, June 21, 2009

Studs with Pugs: Happy Father's Day!


About a month ago, I was going back and forth with my mom on some pictures for Studs with Pugs. She sent a few over, but there's one that was particularly good. Especially today.

Behold, Studs with Pugs: my dad, Popsy.


There are a thousand reasons I could list about why my dad's the best: the hours spent driving me to music lessons; the gajillions of dollars spent on both important and frivolous items; the hours of disciplining and comforting. just being an all-around great guy.

Here's a short story and new story to explain the kind of guy my dad is. Yesterday, The Human Male and I went to the movies. After we came out, I went to turn on my phone ringer again, and discovered there were seven messages on there, including five missed calls from Popsy and one from my bro Pedro telling me to call dad immediately (the seventh would've answered everything). I was panicked-- I rarely get that many calls in two weeks, let alone within a two-hour period. I instantly think someone happened to Mamala. We hightailed it back to the car as I dialed, and my dad answers with a calm "Hi, how are you?" Long story short, my dad had been calling to find out if my mom would like a lemon bundt cake for her birthday (which is also today-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAMALA!). Yes, cake is an emergency in my family.

One thing to know, my dad works in Cleveland and Chicago, while my folks' house is in Michigan. He lives in one or the other place during the week, and then comes home on the weekends. It's tough, but he does it.

When Mamala sent the picture, she had this message with it:

Gotta admire a guy who will drive for 5 hours after 12 hours of work that day to get home every week. That's stud-ly.

I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

Mr. Puggle® said...

OMG! What a great Stud story about your dad. He is a stud. So he works in chi town? Maybe he can have a hot dog with Mr. Puggle one day! No ketchup! hahahahahah

so funny about the cake emergency! Does your family ALWAYS have to have a picture of the cake too? at EVERY event?