Thursday, September 23, 2010

Barrel Oak Winery.


The Sunday of Labor Day weekend, Alice, The Human Male, and I went to the Barrel Oak Winery.  It's located in Delaplane, Virginia, about 55 miles outside of DC.  I'd originally heard about BOW a year or so ago from a Kissable Canine newsletter about dog-friendly places around the area.  More recently, I'd heard about rescue fundraising events being held there.  After finding out they were having an island-themed celebration, we decided it was time to check it out.


It was so much fun.  There were dogs everywhere-- in photos in the bathroom, playing all over the lawn, sitting at the tasting bar, even sitting on a stool inside.



Alice wore her finest lei to the party.


We tried some samples of the wine, which were unbelievably fantastic-- I highly recommend the Seyval Blanc and Traminette.  The Human Male and I ordered some wine, sangria, and some snacks, then went and sat on the lawn to admire the view.







All around, Barrel Oak is a wonderful, wonderful place.  It was dog-friendly, kid-friendly, family-friendly, person who could use a glass of wine and escape from life for a couple hours-friendly.  I'm so excited to go back!

2 comments:

Mr. Puggle® said...

oh looks fab! wish we lived close by. perfect pic of alice! she looks almost human smiling at the camera. must be the wine?

Ariel said...

I love the pictures. Did you get some wine? I think you are too young...Snicker! Snicker! Looks like you had a Barking Great time!
Thanks for sharing your trip.
Licks and Wags, Ariel <3