Thursday, September 16, 2010

What I did on my Summer Non-Vacation, Trip #4: Ithaca, New York.



For my fourth trip, I went to a conference in Ithaca, New York.  I was pretty burnt out from traveling at this point, and I had to drive up there (a 7 hour trip up, 8.5 hour trip back).  So I won't get into details on the trip.  Overall, though, Ithaca was great, the drive through Pennsylvania was GORGEOUS, Cornell's a beautiful campus, and I found a spectacular local wine from Six Mile Creek Vineyard (the Seyval Blanc).







I saw this cool piece of a railroad car right along the border in Pennsylvania.  I can't for the life of me remember what it represented.




One interesting thing that I will mention is right outside of Harrisburg, PA, there's a replica of the Statue of Liberty in the Dauphin Narrows section of the Susquehanna River.  It was completely unexpected and supremely cool.  I guess she's 25 feet tall and made of wood, metal, and fiberglass, and built by local Harrisburg residents to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty.  I wasn't able to stop and take a picture of it, but if you're heading in that direction, keep your eye out for her. 


I was so, so happy to get back home to Alice.  There's nothing like coming home to a dog.

No comments: