Thursday, September 16, 2010

What I did on my Summer Non-Vacation, Trip #5: Providence, Rhode Island.

After getting home around 8P on Wednesday from Ithaca, we left for another trip on Friday evening.  This time it was to go to my coworker friend Lauren's wedding in Providence, Rhode Island.  I was particularly excited about this one because I'd never been to the state and have heard wonderful, wonderful things about it.  After pricing airline and train tickets to Providence and the cost of boarding Alice, we decided it was most affordable-- and the most fun-- to rent a car and bring Alice along with us.  


I was so burnt out from traveling at this point that I tried my best to ignore that we were on the road, living out of a suitcase, and sleeping in another hotel (I'd been to three that week alone).  But the trip through Connecticut and Rhode Island, along the coast of the Atlantic, was so pleasant.  And Providence was FANTASTIC.  We stayed at the La Quinta in Warwick, which I'd recommend to anyone traveling in that neck of the woods-- they were wonderful and more than accommodating to Alice.  Our little dog quickly made herself at home.




We were extremely lucky that the night we were there that WaterFire was happening after the wedding.  WaterFire is a summer art installation in which they place bonfires in metal baskets in the rivers that run through Providence.  It was so cool, and Alice loved it.









Our stay wasn't long, but it was great and I can't wait to get back and spend more time in Providence.  And Alice is looking forward to it, too!

No comments: