Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dogs + IKEA stuff = The Best Song You’ll Hear this Week.

I heard some rumblings this week about the new OK Go video.  OK Go is a band from Chicago (all the best ones are!) that writes ridiculously catchy songs and are known for their wildly creative videos that tend to be done in one take.  I’m way too old to care about music videos, but I still get stupid excited when a new one comes out. 

 

I thought their last two videos (This Too Shall Pass and End Love) were spectacular and hard to top.  Alas, they managed:

 

Three and a half minutes of dogs and stuff from IKEA.

 

There’s so much to love about this.  My favorite parts are the high shelves, the rainbow boards, the red stools, and the high-five dog.  And I’d be remiss if I didn’t say I oogle over those round desk chairs each and every time I go to IKEA.

 

And did you notice the screen at the end?    Most of the dogs in the video were rescues, and the band is donating a portion of the proceeds from their video downloads to the ASPCA (here’s their posting on the video).  How cool is that?

 

I’m hoping that they’ll soon expand it out to the song or album.  Like I said, I’m old and don’t have too much use for videos, but I do like a good beat that I can bug out to now and again.

1 comment:

Mr. Puggle® said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Three of my favorite things!

Dogs
Ikea
Bands from Chicago

I HAVE HAVE HAVE to put this on mr p's blog. thanks a bunch for this. t